WEBSITE : www.fzic.org.au
REPRESENTS: Pakistani and Indian Communitiy
Fatima Zahra Imamia Centre (formerly Fatima Zahra Islamic Centre) was established by a group of sincere momeneen (Shia Muslim Believers) from India, Pakistan and Afghanistan in 2007/8 under the leadership of Syed Abrar Hussain Bukhari at Logan, Brisbane.
The main objectives of the organisation are as follows:
- To commemorate the martyrdom days of 13 infallibles and to celebrate the birthdays of 14 infallibles with religious spirit and dignity.
- To present the real face of Islam to the world, which is Exclusively Peace Loving, supporting the oppressed, saying the right thing and strongly condemning the terrorism in its any form and by any one.
- To promote religious education according to the teachings of 14 infallibles.
- To establish a religious Centre in Brisbane where we can offer religious services such as Prayers, Majlis, Meelad and Dars eQuran etc.
- To promote the sense of respect for local laws, norms, values and culture, while offering our religious rituals.
- FZIC has been fortunate to have a strong community support in organising its programmes with outstanding success record.
It has been a great benevolence of Allah(SWT) that we have famous Shia Scholar Maulana Syed Sibtain Hasni here in Brisbane on permanent basis, who keeps providing his intellectual guidance and mentorship to FZIC and recites most of our programmes round the year.
We have organized a regular fortnightly Tafseer e Quraan programme under the supervision of Maulana Hasni. In Tafseer programme, we have a community member to present his studies on a given subject, followed by a Wrap up but comprehensive Tafseer lecture by Maulana Hasni. This programme has been very successful, since its inception.
Here we must name the pioneers of FZIC, who included but are not limited to the following names:
Syed Abrar Hussain Bukhari, Dr. Imran Ali, Syed Haider Rizvi, Syed Raza Abid, Br. Essa Muhammad, Br. Riyazali Palasara, Br. Ali Asghar Palasara, Br. Muhammad Hamayon, Br. Moattar Raza, Dr. Syed Hussain Zaidi, Dr. Ammar, Br. Bashir Hussain Turi, Dr. Abdussattar, and Syed Haider Ali Shah.
FZIC acknowledges the services of its volunteers, donors and all participants and prays for a greater reward from Allah (SWT).
Currently on our board of trustees, we have:
BR. SYED ABRAR HUSSAIN BUKHARI (President of FZIC).
Br. MUHAMMAD ESSA
SYED MOATTAR RAZA
SYED RAZA ABID
SYED HAIDER RIZVI
DR. SYED AZHAR ABBAS NAQVI
Br. SHABBAR HUSSAIN
SYED JAMIL HAIDER KAZMI
Br. SYED RAZA AKHTAR